Baton Rouge had multiple chances down the stretch, but couldn't convert in the final minute. In the end, BRCC lost to Mississippi Delta 75-72, giving the Lady Trojans their first win of the season. The Lady Bears stand 2-8 on the season.
With one minute to play in the first quarter, BRCC led 19-12. Mississippi Delta stormed back in the second quarter, outscoring the Lady Bears 30-17 over the eleven minute stretch. After a strong start, Baton Rouge found themselves trailing 42-36 at halftime.
Early in the second half, BRCC was down ten, but used an 11-0 run to take the lead 51-50. The rest of the way the two teams battled, neither team leading by more than two possessions. Unfortunately for Baton Rouge, they couldn't make plays down the stretch to win the game.
Two players hurt Baton Rouge all game. Netanya Wilkerson led all scorers with 29 points, including six three-pointers; Alexis Augustus scored 21 points in the win.
- Ayliah Cooper was the Lady Bear leading scorer with eighteen points and five rebounds.
- Pearl Jones finished with 17 points and 14 rebounds.
- Oterica Witherspoon scored eleven and dished four assists.
- Amari Banks added ten points and five rebounds.
- BRCC coughed up 29 turnovers
- BRCC outrebounded Mississippi Delta 34 to 25 (15 to 10 Offensive).
- Two players fouled out for BRCC, Rhomyia Tate and E'Layzha Bates.
Baton Rouge is back in action next Saturday with a home games vs Jones County Junior College. BRCC will look to avenge an early season loss from back in November. Game time is set for 2:00 pm.