Lady Bears drop to 1-2 on this young season after a 63-61 loss to Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. BRCC found themselves in a tight battle on day two of the Lady Bear Classic. Facing a familiar foe, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, the Lady Bears took a four point lead into the half, 33-29.
The second half was a back and forth battle. Mississippi Gulf Coast scored the first five points of the third quarter to take the lead. The soring teetered back and forth the rest of the way.
Sophomore, Pearl Jones, found herself on the line with under ten seconds to play and BRCC trailing by three. After making the first free throw, Jones missed the second, but BRCC quickly stole the ball back from the Bulldogs. The Lady Bears had a shot at the buzzer to force overtime but it bounced off the rim.
- Pearl Jones led the team in scoring with 22 points; she also notched a second consecutive double-couble by grabbing eleven rebounds, five offensive.
- Rhomyia Tate was the only other Lady Bear to reach double-figures; she scored 11 points. Tate also finished with 4 assists and 3 steals.
- Ayliah Cooper scored nine points and grabbed six rebounds in the loss.
- BRCC did not make a three-point field goal.
- Lady Bears committed 22 turnovers in the losing effort.
BRCC will travel to Texas this week for a showdown against Kilgore College. The Lady Bears tip-off Tuesday evening at 5:30 pm.