After a two week hiatus, the Lady Bears were back in action against LSU-Eunice on Wednesday evening. The matchup was the first of nine conference games for both teams that will decide who wins the Louisiana Community Colleges Athletic Conference (LCCAC) and who particiaptes in the Region 23 tournament in Clinton, MS.
BRCC started the game flat and found themselves trailing 20-9. A strong second quarter gave Coach Lee's squad a five point lead going into halftime. The second half was a back and forth battle, but the home team came out on top. The Lady Bears lost their LCCAC opener 72-68.
- Terriel Ross and Celica Sterling led BRCC in scoring with 14 points each.
- Pearl Jones notched another double-double by scoring 13 points and pulling down 12 rebounds (8 offensive).
- E'Layzha Bates grabbed six rebounds in the loss.
- BRCC shot four free throws.
- Lady Bears committed 22 turnovers; LSU-Eunice had 17.
- BRCC outrebounded Eunice 39-33, including twenty offensive boards.
Baton Rouge will host Delgado on Saturday afternoon. The match-up is part of a men's and women's doubleheader. Game time is set for 2:00 pm.