Holmes handed Baton Rouge their third loss in four games by defeating the Bears 63-46 on Monday night. After starting the season with a five game win streak, BRCC has lost three of their last four and sit with a 6-3 record after the first month of the season.
Scoring tells the story early in BRCC's season.
BRCC has averaged 89 points per game in their six wins, while scoring only 60 points per game in three losses, culminating with tonights 46 point effort. The Bears lowest offensive output on the season.
BRCC is back at home on Thursday night against East Mississippi Community College. Game time is set for 6:00 pm.
- David Hardin ledd BRCC with 19 points and 7 rebounds.
- Robert Lewis pulled down 10 rebounds and scored four points in the loss.
- Denzel Austin scored eight points, shooting 2 of 5 from 3-point range.
- BRCC shot 11 of 22 from the free throw line.
- BRCC was outrebounded 40-32 by Holmes; Bulldogs grabbed 14 offensive rebounds.
- Bears shot 32% from the field; 26% from three point line.