Baton Rouge lost to Pearl River on Monday night 62-56. BRCC trailed most of the second half by double-digits, but fought back to trail by six points with a few minutes remaining. With the score 57-51, the Bears were able to get defensive stops on four straight possessions, but unable to capitalize on the offensive end of the floor.
The loss brings a close to the first month of the season. The Bears are 3-9 with three games remaining before the semester break. BRCC travels to Mississippi Delta on Thursday evening with the Lady Bears for a doubleheader.
- Jonathon Ross led BRCC in scoring with 13 points. He was 6/8 from the field and grabbed 10 rebounds during the game.
- Tajae Anderson shot 5/7 from the field to finish the night with twelve points.
- Demetrius Fitzpatrick added 10 points as he shot 4/6 from the field.
- Baton Rouge shot 48% for the game, while Pearl Rive shot 46%.
- Pearl River outrebounded BRCC 30-27.