Baton Rouge traveled to Booneville, MS to take part in the Northeast Tipoff Classic. The Bears first opponent was the tournament host, the Tigers of Northeast Mississippi Community College.
The Tigers exploded out of the gate, scoring 20 points in the first six minutes of the game. BRCC trailed 20-9 early and were forced to dig themselves out of an early hole.
Bator Rouge trailed by 11 at halftime and could never fully recover. Northeast dealt BRCC their first loss of the season, 102-75.
- BRCC didn't handle the ball well, turning it over 31 times to the Tigers.
- NEMCC scored 36 points off of the Bears' turnovers.
- BRCC dished out 4 assists for the game.
- The Bears forced 22 turnovers that led to 15 points.
- The bench produced for Baton Rouge, scoring 33 points during the opener.
- A combined 68 fouls were whistled throughout the game.
Stats & More:
- NEMCC shot 52% from the field (31-59); 43% from 3-point range (9-21).
- BRCC shot 39% from the field (21-53); 33% from 3-point range (6-18).
- Karim El-Amin led the Bears in scoring with 17 points.
- Devante Marshall shot 6-9 from the field. He finished with 14 points and 6 rebounds.
- Beka Zedelashvili grabbed 8 rebounds to lead BRCC. He also conributed nine points.
Baton Rouge must bounce back quickly. They face Northwest Mississippi CC at 3:00 pm tomorrow.