Baton Rouge dropped a twin bill to Pearl River Community College Sunday at Pete Goldsby. BRCC lost game one 9-2 to the Wildcats. After taking a 1-0 lead in the second inning, the offense became stagnet for the Bears. Baton Rouge managed only five hits in the game, with three of those coming in the final two innings when the game was out of reach.
Game two did not start much better for the Bears. Before getting two outs against the Wildcats, Pearl River plated six runs to put the game away. The final score was 12-4.
Sunday's doubleheader ended a tough week for BRCC. Entering the week on a four game winning streak, the Bears went 1-7 and sit 12-18 on the season.
- Blake Buller and Aiden Hodges had RBI singles.
- Joseph Domingue and Kevin Vanasselberg each scored a run.
- No Bear had multiple hits.
- BRCC left ten runners on base.
Bear Notes (Game 2):
- Hodges went 2 for 3 with two singles; he also scored a run.
- Vanasselberg had an RBI single, finished the game 1 for 4.
- John Mauldin went 1 for 4 with a double.
- Domingue finished 2 for 3 with a RBI double and a single.
BRCC is scheduled to host Southwest Mississippi on Wednesday for a doubleheader. If the rain stays away, first pitch is set for 3:30 pm.